Thurrock’s annual education awards, which celebrate excellence in education, have now extended the nomination deadline.
The deadline for this year’s nominations has been moved to 5pm on Saturday 29 September 2018.
This year, nominations span 14 award categories. These are:
• Outstanding early years practitioner
• Outstanding new teacher
• Aspiring leader
• Innovative and creative teaching
• Education support
• Excellence in English
• Excellence in science, technologies, engineering and maths (STEM)
• Promoting career pathways and apprenticeships
• Governing board, trust or member
• Cross-school collaboration or community partnership
• Teacher of the year in primary education
• Teacher of the year in secondary education
• School leader of the year
• Outstanding contribution to education in Thurrock
Don’t forget that everyone from parents, pupils and colleagues to providers and partners within the education community can nominate someone who has inspired them.
The nomination form can be found here: https://www.thurrock.gov.uk/forms/education-award-nomination
The final winners will be presented with their awards at a celebratory presentation evening on Thursday 22 November at the Civic Hall in Blackshots Lane. All short-listed nominees will also be entered into a prize draw which will take place on the awards evening. The winner will receive a 15-day cruise for two people, from Tilbury to the Canary Islands and Madeira, departing on Sunday 11 August 2019, donated by Cruise & Maritime Voyages.