Permanent post – Full time
Salary: Main Pay Scale (Christus Catholic Trust Thurrock Academies) £26,948 – £38,174 includes fringe
Location: St Mary’s Catholic Primary, Tilbury Essex
Start date: September 2021
The Christus Catholic Trust seek to appoint a classroom teacher to join the caring and dedicated team at St Mary’s Catholic Primary, Tilbury, Essex.
Is teaching your passion? – Are you a creative thinker who is committed to giving children the knowledge and skills they need to be successful in life? If so, then we would love you to come and work with us in this bright and welcoming school.
Our pupils are looking for an enthusiastic and highly motivated teacher with high expectations of children, who is either Catholic or will be actively supportive of the Catholic ethos of our school.
We consider that changing our children’s lives for the better is central to our vision and want others with the same mindset to join us.
Our ideal candidate would be one who is:
• Able to enthuse and motivate pupils and have a strong commitment to raising pupil achievement.
• Hard working, committed and flexible
• Committed to making a difference to children’s lives
• Committed to inclusion at all levels
• Highly aspirational for our children and themselves
• Energetic and enthusiastic and has a great sense of humour!
• Supportive of all aspects of the school’s work, including its strong Christian ethos
St Mary’s can offer:
• Happy and engaged children; ‘pupils are typically well behaved, polite and respectful.’ (HMI Jan 2017)
• A friendly, hardworking and committed staff
• Supportive parents
• A well-resourced school
• A warm and welcoming environment
• A commitment to providing high quality CPD.
The Christus Catholic Trust will offer:
• a dynamic and collaborative team of professionals across the academy and Trust, who work together and
are committed to creating an ethos of mutual support whilst providing an effective Catholic education for
the children in our communities.
Information about the Academy
St Mary’s Catholic Primary is located at Tilbury and is part of a multi academy trust (The Christus Catholic Trust), which currently has 6 primary schools. Our lovely school is situated in Tilbury very close to Tilbury C2C station with quick rail links into London. We have our own parking facilities with direct road links to the M25 and A13.
St Mary’s Catholic Primary School and The Christus Catholic Trust are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the children. The successful candidate will be required to undertake an enhanced DBS check and other pre-employment checks. You are required, before appointment, to disclose any unspent conviction, cautions, reprimands or warnings under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975.
Closing date: Friday, 21st May 2021 by midday.
Interviews will be held on: w/c Monday, 24th May 2021
*** IMPORTANT ***
Please ensure you download our application pack and forms. If you have any problems downloading the forms, please contact the Trust HR Manager on palomaGI@Christus.org.uk.
If you are using the Thurrock Teaching Jobs website, please ensure you contact PalomaGI@christus.org.uk for the full application pack; DO NOT COMPLETE ‘THURROCK TEACH’ APPLICATION.
A completed application form and all other related documents should be sent by email to: palomaGI@Christus.org.uk
Please note that we do not accept CVs or applications from agencies.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted