3 days per week
Salary: Main Pay Scale (Christus Catholic Trust Thurrock Academies Fringe MPS 1 – 7 (Actual salary range £16168.80 – £22904.40 plus SEN1 allowance)
Location: St Mary’s Catholic Primary, Tilbury Essex
Starting: September 2021
The Christus Catholic Trust are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and experienced teacher to join the staff team and lead provision for SEN within St Mary’s Catholic Primary in Tilbury.
We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic teacher to join our staff team and lead provision for SEN within our school.
We want our SENCo to:
• have a passion for learning and inclusion
• have a clear vision and strong commitment to inclusion of all learners;
• expect the highest standards from all pupils
• have a secure knowledge of the Early Years Foundation stage and Key Stage One and Two curriculum; be an
• be able to work effectively within a dedicated teaching team
• be an excellent communicator with a strong commitment to working in partnership with staff, pupils and
• have a good understanding of successful approaches and interventions to support pupil progress
• have an up to date knowledge of the new SEN Framework and Code of Practice
have good organisational skills and be able to manage the work of others
• Be a caring individual who is supportive of the school ethos and its work
We can offer you:
• A positive and caring environment based on the values of the Catholic faith;
• A commitment to support your professional development to the next stage of your career;
• The opportunity to work with delightful children, supportive colleagues and parents.
Previous experience of being a SENCo is desirable. This vacancy does require a qualified SENCo, ideally someone with the National SENCO award or someone committed to obtaining this qualification within 12 months.
If you wish to join our friendly and committed team and have a passion to see every child succeed, we would like to hear from you. If you are interested in the role, please complete the full application pack, detailing your skills and experience in relation to the attached job description and send to Mrs Grande-Imbernon HR Manager for the Trust, email: palomaGI@Christus.org.uk
Other details about our school are available on our school website www.stmarystilbury.co.uk.
St Mary’s Catholic Primary School and The Christus Catholic Trust are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the children. The successful candidate will be required to undertake an enhanced DBS check and other pre-employment checks. You are required, before appointment, to disclose any unspent conviction, cautions, reprimands or warnings under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975.
Closing date: Tuesday, 4th May 2021
Interviews will be held on: To be confirmed to shortlisted candidates
If you are using the Thurrock Teaching Jobs website, please ensure you contact PalomaGI@christus.org.uk for the full application pack – DO NOT COMPLETE THURROCK TEACHS OWN APPLICATION.
Please note that we do not accept CVs or applications from agencies.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted