Post: Main Scale Teacher.
Responsible to: Department Leader
• To carry out the functions of a teacher at Gable Hall School in accordance with its stated aims and objectives.
• To be committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our young people.
• To carry out all the duties and responsibilities of a teacher as laid out in the most up to date STPCD and the Burgundy book.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
1. To be accountable for the academic progress of allocated teaching groups.
2. To undertake a regular teaching commitment as determined by the needs of the school.
3. To plan, prepare and teach assigned lessons to pupils according to their educational needs.
4. To regularly set, mark formatively and record homework as per school and Department policies.
5. To consistently apply the Good to Great and the Behaviour for Learning framework.
6. To regularly assess record and report on the progress of groups assigned to them in line with the Teaching and Learning policy
7. To ensure that pupils are set and meet challenging targets.
8. To deliver consistently good or better teaching.
9. To take part in school wide strategies designed to raise achievement and improve student welfare as directed.
10. To attend and contribute to whole school meetings as appropriate.
11. To attend/participate in parent/teacher meetings, including in activities aimed at marketing the school. To actively recruit for the 6th Form in your subject area.
12. To foster good relations with parents and the local community.
13. To consistently apply all policies and procedures in the department.
14. To participate in the school’s performance management arrangements according to the agreed policy.
15. To be a form tutor and carry out all related duties.
16. To carry out a share of supervisory duties in accordance with published schedules and to help maintain high standards around the school and uphold the school’s reputation.
These duties will be varied at the discretion of the Principal / Chief Executive Officer to meet the changing needs of the School / Trust.
As a Trust employee you may be required to work in any of the Trusts locations or within other schools the Trust may be supporting.
I confirm that I have read, understood, and accept, the above job description. Date for review: At annual Performance Management review of subject teacher.